Where is the time going? Seriously! I can't believe this is the third week of summer vaca. It's been a busy few, to be certain. So here are the highlights. And lowlights. A few of those thrown in for free. ;)
- I met with some shooting friends and took pictures of some students who were willing to model for us again. It was a lot of fun to be out taking pictures. I feel I should be out shooting every day in the summer since the winter is so awful weather and subject-wise. Here's one from the shoot. Jenna got to hand out with the girls, and since she thinks she's a teenager already, it works just great for her.
- I hurt my back. And no, it wasn't some adventurous stunt like, "While I was wakeboarding I hit a big one and tumbled . . . " Nothing like that. I slept on it wrong and couldn't move. It was sciatic nerve pain, and it wasn't fun.
- I presented at a leadership conference at SVSU. The topic was getting kids through the 4-year math requirement in the state of Michigan. I've attended a lot of conferences, but I've never been a presenter before. My back was KILLING me that day, but I made it through. At one point during my part of the presentation I moved just so, and yelled out "OUCH" in midsentence. I liken it to a spell of Tourettes syndrome. I'm sure it was a joy to witness.
- Then we went camping. For four days. With a bad back. When we left on Thursday a.m. my back was so much better, but bouncing around in the truck pulling a camper was a new experience in pain. Once I arrived at camp and was able to stretch out a bit it slowly improved. Driving home on Sunday was only a little painful. Here are a few pics from the trip.
Jenna made a new friend and had a ball with her. They played at the park at the campground nonstop.
Here's another friend we made. UGH.
We played at the beach, but he wind was so strong the sand stung when it hit you. And the waves were so high we wouldn't let the girls go out too far. So Jenna just stretched out on the shore and let them wash over her. We didn't stay too long. It was exhausting!
- Back home on Sunday, to unpack everything and come back to reality. Cleaning out the trailer is a big job, and the laundry took an entire day. I'm not the type of person who can put things away slowly, nor is Bill. We attack the process, never sitting down until it's done.
- Then back to the daily routine of walking to swimming lessons, organizing a room a day, and general summertime fun.
- And let's not forget, it's WIMBLEDON. My all-time favorite tennis tourney. I watch it whenever I get the chance. The long match? Priceless. Roddick's loss yesterday? Heartbreaking. Although his opponent sure was impressive!
I think that about brings be up to date. I had such lofty goals of a blog post a day, and alas, it just isn't happening. Oh well. Summer is all about no routine, right?
Enjoy your Tuesday!