it's been a busy few weeks.
Like, crazy, hectic, pull-your-hair-out busy.
That being said I need to list the accomplishments.
- Hosted Thanksgiving Dinner. Not without mishap. Like too few potatoes, not enough gravy, and green beans that were, well, gross. And did I mention I burned my eyes with the cranberry sauce? No? That's what you get for adding jalepenos. But overall it went well. Can I just say that working moms hosting dinner have it TOUGH. Heck, I imagine it's tough on work at home moms as well.
- Took down all fall decorations, only to put up all Christmas decorations on Black Friday. No shopping for this gal . . . I like to keep the holidays jolly. There's no sale worth waiting in line or jostling with fellow shoppers. No siree. So Em, Kevin, Jenna and I decorated the house, put up the tree, and Kevin and Bill put up the lights outdoors.
- Also on Friday did some holiday crafts. Some of the fam came over and we made ornaments, advent calendars, and even a little jewelry.
- Took the annual Christmas Card photo. Will order cards tomorrow. Let's just say this one did not make the cut.
- Took Jenna to see Megamind. Can I just say no? Dumb. Painfully so.
- Met with a former student for coffee and caught up. I love what I do. It brings so many amazing people into my life.
- Spent the day Sunday, well, recovering from the madness. And feeling sorry for myself that the vacation was over.
- Only to have Jenna wake up yesterday with a migraine. I thought it may have been stomach flu, but it was just a headache. So emergency sub plans were thrown together, and today I need to go in and do damage control. GOOD TIMES.
- Went to a MaryKay party last night. And any time soon I should be looking, well, younger. Cross your fingers for me.
That's it in a nutshell. Now to prepare for a girl's weekend in Chicago. Will the fun never end?