1. Pinterest. From recipes to home decor to photography ideas there is no shortage of inspiration here. Wonder how I ever existed without it!
2. Mixed Media. I am forever grateful for the genius of Christy Tomlinson and her mixed media tutorials. They are easy to follow, and I've learned a ton! I've made a few projects and have had some picked up for publication! Here are some canvases I made for Lily Bee. It's a perfect diversion when my scrapbooking mojo is no-go. It happens.
3. Project Life. I love it. More than I ever thought possible. I love documenting the every day events in our lives and this gives me a place to put the photos I deem "unscrappable." That's a word, right? It takes me about an hour to document a whole week. LOVE that.
4. Digital scrapbooking. I am loving digital much more than I ever imagined. I have been prepping for my class (which for local peeps I think is going to be January 7 or 14) and I am hooked. It will never replace my paper crafting habit, but I am much more free and messy when doing digi. I used the Epic kit from OScraps for this layout, which I swear I could use every time.
5. Instagram. How do I love this app on my IPhone. Not only does it help me with Project Life, but it also satisfies my need to edit photos. And the beauty of it is I can edit pictures while waiting in the car to pick up Jenna after school. Talk about multitasking! LOL! The fact that my photos are automatically downloaded to my computer and accessible through IPhoto, sync to my IPad, and are available to view through sites like Extragram . . . GENIUS.
6. Sewing. I know, I got it in just under the wire, but I've been pinning fabric ideas for so long, and I finally did it. I made this bag which I had pinned on Pinterest with my sister this week. She was so patient, giving me all the tips and tricks as she is a GENIUS with her sewing. Here is the finished bag. I think I'll add a flower to the front . . . everything is better with a flower, right?
7. Studio Calico. This is one of my daily sites to visit. The designers here are genius, and I love the kits. I've been scrapbooking for the last 8 years, and I was getting stale. The designers and kits pushed me out of my comfort zone, and I have loved what I have created so far. I think my layouts are still "me," but use products that I would not normally use. Like Washi tape . . . see it in the corners? Never used it before, but totally hooked now.
8. My new IPhone, IPad, and IMac. Can I just say I'm in love!!! I got my IPhone last spring, and swear I need a 12-step program. I love it more than I can say. Then I saved enough money from teaching photoshop Elements to buy the IMac early fall. My old IMac was a dog when running PS5 and Lightroom at the same time. Now I can run them side by side in the SAME WINDOW. I know, right?!? And when Bill got me an IPad for my birthday/Christmas? Well SHUT THE DOOR, I could not be happier. Best gift EVER, especially since it was completely unexpected. I am an original Mac Addict, never owning another brand name of computer. In my world, it matters. Do I need to get out more? Absolutely. ;)
9. A few publications and new scrapbooking opportunities. I have not had a lot of time to submit projects to magazines this year. But this fall I made a more concerted effort to submit, and got 4 projects picked up by Scrapbook Trends (including a mixed media canvas), and another set of canvases picked up by BHG Scrapbooks, Etc. It's been a while, and I'm really excited! Now I need to carve out more time to submit. I also helped one of my favorite people start up a new kit club. C'est Magnifique is a great club offering papers from other countries you can't find here in the US. Now that Leslie is up and running with her amazing team, I am stepping down. Loved my time with the club though! And recently I was offered a guest spot for Little Yellow Bicycle. Can't wait to play! Here is a layout from the latest C'est Magnifique kit.
10. A favorite layout. Wow, how do I choose just one? I guess I'll go with one of my latest. I tend to like what I've recently created. Then a few weeks later I hate it. It's the way it works, my creative process, if you will. It's like scrapping attention deficit disorder. I can't focus long enough to commit to my pages. I made this one today using a kit from Studio Calico.
11. A favorite photo. Again, almost impossible to choose. But I'll go with this one. Probably because it was such a beautiful moment in our family. The making of a family, my nephew's wedding.
Here's wishing you and yours a very happy 2012!!!